my chuck taylors weigh a ton.

we don't go for that flip-in, flip-out gimmicky crap.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

yer fed up with the make up...

s'true that this thing has been irritating me. i'm here for different purposes. this shouldn't be all me me me.

when i first started this, it was inspired by the discovery of how these things work and the writings of one very talented writer who can create something thought provoking yet quaint like he's blowing his nose. i figured i could do the same. fuck that. i can't. or maybe i can, but i can't do it by imitation. i've got other things to talk about.

and with that, i'ma leave this post, and move on to what moves me. it's the music. that's why this is called disco backache, it's why i'm disco boy, and it's what i know best. and it'll be chock full of lyrics and mumblings and non-sequitors and the odd rant here and there about something damn near useless. and if i'm doing my job correctly, i'll always tell you what i'm listening to.

right now, it's "boyfriends and girlfriends" by low. and it's good.

for anyone who cares, i'll leave this: i'm four days into the rza plan, which means that i'm not smoking weed, and i'm not drinking, and just to kick it up a decibel, i'm trying to avoid caffeine, red meat, grease, sugar, and gluttony in general. it's going fine, it always does, but it has become more pointedly obvious to me that drugs don't make me act a certain way, rather that my bothersome traits get to me most when i'm fucked up. in other words, i really wish that i was a scatterbrained lazy ass because i smoke, not because i just am. truthfully, i don't want to have to feel like i should self moderate, but it's the only thing i can think of to do in order to try and change my behavior. ah well, at least i'll detoxify for a while.

now it's "long long long" by low. it's so goodass good.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger rich bachelor said...

Waiiidaminnit. "Long Long Long" by Beatle George, as covered by Low?

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger disco boy said...

dassright. it can be found on the "a lifetime of temporary relief" box set, along many other cover gems, including "back home again", "open arms" (journey!), "lord can you hear me", "i started a joke" and "last night i dreamt that somebody loved me".

yeah, i'm a fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home