my chuck taylors weigh a ton.

we don't go for that flip-in, flip-out gimmicky crap.

Monday, May 14, 2007

dilbert jokes still aren't funny.

so tired. so very, very tired.

and really, for no good reason at all. ok, so i did start the new job. yeah, i finally broke free of the stupidity and downhill trajectory of the record store. i'm ashamed to admit how long i spend sailing along in simplicity, not challenging myself, not giving myself a moment of opportunity, finding myself uninspired and generally bummed... well, i'll tell you anyway. it went on for a good 7 years. and i should have left... well, six years ago. pathetic.

but that's how it goes, especially if you're me. so i popped me head out from up me own arse, and applied for a few jobs. and wouldn'tcha know it, like that i found myself working for someone else. everything was looking up. there was promise and hope, if i only had 10 minutes to kind of sit down and think about it.

my life is a constant running around, pissing on the fire that's directly in front of me. i think about long-term strategy for about three minutes before i fall asleep, and usually while having some strange lucid dream of eating sidewalk-vendor falafel and tripping over small lizards, spazzing myself awake in an instant, just before i konk out and saw logs.

so like i said, i said yes to this job, without even really paying attention to what it was, where it was, and what kind of life i was trading up for. when i was i kid, i played a video game called "berserk" that had a cool feature; you could hit a button called hyperspace or some such shit, and it randomly put you in different places on the board. if you got yourself in a bad enough situation, you'd hit that, and sometimes you'd end up in safety, and sometimes you'd end up right next to the bad guy with the electrowhomper gun, and so, it was a crapshoot. well, i hit that buttton. i'd call it a lateral move.

my new job pays better, but it's a long ways away. my new job is for a company that's moving upward, but it's in a department in which unless i prove myself as brilliant, i could languish forever. my new job is for a cool pro audio manufacturer, but it's staffed by mullets and ponytails and guys who still believe in guitar solos and the power of a fully operational pair of cargo jeans. my new job doesn't have near the dimwits and mouth-breathers as customers and co-workers, but it does require staring at a computer inside a cubicle. all in all, it feels like a lateral move.

and nobody there knows a damn thing about disco.

i did meet a good guy who i carpool with, and so that makes it better, he's coached me through a lot off the stink and foolishness, and i do get to play with some cool toys. and yes, it pays better, but most of that will go to my new car and so on. my exposure to customers/co-workers on meth has dropped considerably. i still can wear this ugly ass ol sweatshirt to work, and no one blinks an eye.

but, i gots to get up sooper early in the morn. and just like that, i'm so goddam tired i can't function anymore.

pretend i said something funny to wrap all this up.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger rich bachelor said...

All right, goddamn it.
Office jobs are soul-sucking beasts, as we all know. They 'pay my way, and it corrodes my soul', right?

Now, write something why doncha? I love what you do. Join the endless dance. Sheeit; why not?

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home